Infrared (IR) inspection is a diagnostic tool that can be used to help identify conditions that cause outages and equipment damage. IR inspections of both overhead and underground equipment are a safe and cost-effective way for utilities to understand the operating condition of assets and implement or compliment a predictive maintenance strategy.
A properly executed IR inspection program can help utilities achieve reliability and safety goals by:
- Identifying hotspots (defective equipment) in electrical systems
- Reducing potential outages, catastrophic failures, and safety hazards
- Helping to protect expensive equipment
- Enhancing critical circuit inspections
- Reducing emergency repairs
- Improving power quality by identifying poor connections
- Improving System Average Interruption Duration Index (SAIDI) and System Average Interruption Frequency Index (SAIFI) metrics
Osmose's infrared inspection programs provide:
- Utilizing IR crews with experience performing over 50,000 line miles of inspections per year
- Using best-in-class high-performance IR field equipment from FLIR to improve issue detection
- Maintaining a level-III thermography certification
- Providing under-load inspection of both overhead and underground equipment
- Creating detailed reports, online incidence maps, year over year (YOY) annual reports, and compliance audit trails
To learn more, call your local Osmose professional. Not sure who your local professional is? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out.