Structural Resiliency Solution
Data-Driven. Storm-Proven. Save Months and Millions.
Osmose has developed a unique and groundbreaking approach to analyzing structural resiliency and planning feeder hardening programs. This approach relies on Osmose's O-Calc Pro structural analysis engine and Osmolytics predictive models to simulate each asset's condition, weather scenarios, and structural capacity.
At Osmose, we believe we can help every utility:
- Automate the analysis of each structure's condition, historical extreme weather patterns, and structural capacity calculations
- Tailor the parameters of the program to the utility's specific engineering, construction, environmental, and business standards
- Produce highly detailed technical documentation explaining the design, costs, and expected benefits of the resiliency program
- Spend little to no operations and maintenance (O&M) in the planning, analysis, procurement, or execution of the program
- Complete the targeted hardening of the distribution system faster and at a lower cost than is possible through any other approach
Resiliency Is Now a Primary Component of Asset Management
There are many dimensions to resiliency with structural resiliency being among the most important. Even a well sectionalized system will still experience significant outages and delays in restoration if the structural backbone of the grid is not up to the task. That backbone is the transmission and distribution (T&D) system's poles and towers.
Resiliency is gaining regulatory mindshare due to the significant increase in extreme weather and major storms over the past 15 years. Industry groups are now actively engaging the resiliency challenge from a variety of angles, including regulatory, technical standards, safety standards, insurance/risk management, and national security. Beyond individual state utility commissions, national groups including NERC, NARUC, NESC, IEEE, ASCE, NIST, NAIC, DOE, and DHS have resiliency on their docket.
Outages due to severe weather and major storms have increased significantly over the past 20 years.
Osmose can help optimize your life-extension investments. To learn more, call your local Osmose professional. Not sure who your local professional is? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out.